Last week I was nominated twice on the same day for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Janeen @ Loving Little$ and by Luke @ Financially Fitz. Thanks guys, I really appreciate you thinking of me! What’s the sunshine blogger award you ask? It’s an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers, sort of the modern version of chain letters that we used to get via snail mail. It’s also a great way to get to know a little bit more about each other and share it with our readers.
1. Thank the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated
1. What’s your ideal employment?
This is something I’m trying to figure out now, with experiencing a recent career bump I have given it much thought. Certainly would want something that provides a good work/life balance. I enjoy helping and teaching others.
2. If you could travel to any time in history, what would you choose, and why?
The 1980s. I would find my pre-teen or teenage self and have a long conversation about personal finance and compound interest.
3. What’s a great memory from your childhood?
Family. I’m the youngest of five children. We had some great family vacations and Holidays together.
4. If you were on a desert island and could only bring 3 items, what would they be?
Items or people? People it would be my wife and children. We make a pretty good team. If it was items I’d bring matches, a knife, and a diving mask. I’ve watch Survivor often.
5. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (ok, fine, What… is your favorite color? Ok, ok, really now, *snort*, What’s something you do that makes your life easier and more productive?)
Love me some Monty Python! Getting up early, I like to get up early and get e-mails, blog and comments out-of-the-way.
1. What is your favorite kind of cereal?
I don’t really eat cereal these days. When I was a kid anything with colored marshmallows or a toy in the box.
2. If you could close one fast food chain, due to disgusting food, what would you pick?
McDonlads. I’m not a big fan of how I feel after I eat their food. We haven’t had it in several years.
3. How do you like to relax?
I like to listen to podcast or read. But the best way is to watch something funny that makes me laugh. Ever seen the show Impractical Jokers?
4. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
5. What’s the one thing that annoys you most about personal finance bloggers?
They don’t reply to comments on their blog.
Brian @ Debtless In Texas
Questions to Answer
1. What’s your idea of a dream retirement?
2. What’s your favorite type of music?Artist?
3. Who’s your favorite superhero, and why?
4. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do for you than do it yourself?
5. If you won the lottery say 100 million, what would you do with the money?