I Have Been Nominated for the Liebster Award by May @ Messy Money. Thanks, May! I appreciate the recommendation for this award. For those not familiar with the award, it’s an award that bloggers can bestow upon other bloggers. It’s a good way to build the community and help others discover new blogs.
Liebster Award Rules
1. Answer a few questions that your nominator asked when they nominated you.
2. Spread the prestige and nominate to three other newer/smaller blogs. The exact definition of newer and smaller varies, but typically blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Ask them to answer some questions for you and nominate others.
• Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started Debt Discipline as a way to keep me involved in the personal finance community as we started to get our financial act together. I hoped to share our story and be able to help someone out there in a similar situation as ours. It has been great, just celebrated our 1 year anniversary and looking forward to year 2.
• What has been your favorite blog post you have written so far?
There have been a few, but I think My Parents Financial Story is my favorite. It tells the story of how and where my financial life came from.
• How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I decided on Debt Discipline because without discipline we accumulated over $109K worth of debt. We needed to change our bad habits to get our finances in order.
• Sum up your life in 6 words or less.
On the right track.
• Earliest money memory? If you would like to share.
Probably my first job as a paperboy and having to deliver papers early in the morning before school and then collecting money each week after school. If I recall correctly the weekly subscription was like $2.50 and I had to chase people for it each and every week.
Kipp @ Frankly Frugal Finance
Ray @ Squirrelers
Kalen @ Money Mini Blog
Here are the questions I’d like my nominees to answer:
• What was the biggest amount of debt you were ever in?
• What’s your goal with your blog?
• When did you first become financially literate?
• What’s your dream job?
• (Write-in question)