I’ve seen these type of posts a number of time over the last several months. I believe the first was Laurie’s at the Frugal Farmer. I’ve been wanting to do one of my own for a bit now. I’ve always been a fan of Letterman’s top ten list, so here’s 20 random things about me.
20. I don’t drink beer or coffee. I just don’t like the taste of either. I drink tea in the AM to get my morning started and when I do drink I’ll go with a random mixed drink.
19. U2 is my favorite band. They were my first concert I saw live. My wife and I took our children to see them live a few years ago. They are always amazing.
18. In middle school my parent’s hired a lawyer so I could play sports. I have uncorrectable poor vision in my left eye, my school district did not want to be liable for injury to my good eye. I had to get a court ruling to continue to play football and lacrosse.
17. I’m the youngest of 5 children. They call me the baby and claim that I’m spoiled.
16. I’m a certified scuba diver, dive mater to be exact. The deepest dive I’ve been on is 110 feet to a USS San Diego shipwreck off the Long Island coast. Although I have not been diving in a few years, my oldest son has expressed interest. I hope to get back in the water soon.
15. My parent’s cash flowed my college tuition, mostly. I had one small $3500 loan which I repaid years ago.
14. My favorite color is blue.
13. I can’t stand laziness.
12. I once worked two jobs for a nine month period. 7AM to 3PM as a teaching assistant and 4PM to 12 Midnight as a master control operator. The 4-12 job had rotating days off so I didn’t have a full day off for up to 6 weeks at a time. Sure wish I was financially savvy back then.
11. I’m a very sarcastic person.
10. My parents were married for 50 years before my dad passed away.
9. I like just about any vegetable, turnips, brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc but I can not stand avocados.
8. I started shaving when I was fourteen. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have some type of facial hair, mustache, goatee or full beard.
7. I will be with my company 20 years this October. I find it hard to believe it myself, in today’s workforce most people don’t stay with companies for the long-term. My company is close to home, offers good benefits, and I enjoy what I do.
6. I have a BFA in communications, and majored in Television Production. My dream job was to work in Hollywood.
5. I met my wife on the internet. No, not online dating or chat rooms just a chance meeting via our screen names. We struck up a long distant relationship, we finally met, fell in love and she moved cross county to live with me in NY.
4. I have written 6 full length screen plays and for a brief period of time had an Agent in Hollywood.
3. I cried during our wedding and like a baby when our children were born.
2. I have lost 2 siblings to illness. I will never forget those days.
1. Our home is filled with incredible humor and laughter.
I hope this gives you a little more insight on the man behind Debt Discipline. Now it’s your turn give me a random fact about yourself.